The desktop audio/video studio
a.k.a. SynFactory II
What is StudioFactory
StudioFactory provides a complete virtual audio studio on your computer. It has a very powerfull virtual analog modular synthesizer based on an improved version of the SynFactory synthesis engine.
StudioFactory is fully compatible with SynFactory and can load all existing patch files. The synthesis engine is extended with additional modules that give access to MIDI and audio input.
This makes it possible to play sounds generated by StudioFactory with an external MIDI-keyboard. With the audio input StudioFactory can be used as an standalone effect processor and provides
reverb, echo and vocoder effects (listen to these two file for examples of the vocoding capabilities vocoder.mp3 vocoder2.mp3).
Other features are currently still in development.
Version 0.44 is ready!
Is there a StudioFactory for Linux/MacOs/BeOS etc?
Short answer: No
Longer answer: I'm working on a port to Linux using Qt for the graphics. Sound will probably be ALSA based, but I might support other soundservers too.
As Qt is available for many platforms, it might be possible to port StudioFactory to other OSes more easily too.
If you have experience with programming under Qt, ALSA, (Gtk ?) or Linux and want to help with the port, let me know!
StudioFactory (planned) feature list
- Contains a polyphonic and multi-timbral modular virtual analog synthesizer
- Midi sequencer with unlimited number of tracks and upto 416 midi channels (26 midi ports)
- Midi sequencer supports playback of samples and audio tracks synced to midi events or free running
- Sequencer supports patterns and loadable styles, mute groups, realtime effects and nonlinear editing of both audio and midi information
- Audio and Midi can be routed to and through the modular synthesizer(s)
- Fully compatible with SynFactory (the modular software synthesizer).
- System can import samples and patterns from .mod, .s3m, .stm, .okt and compatible module formats
- Program, menus and help support in multiple languages. Switch languages while you patch keeps running ;-)
Available Modules in synthesizer:
- 6 types of Oscillators.
- Multiple filters with 12, 18 and 24 dB/Oct slope and Lowpass, Hipass and Bandpass out.
- Mixers and amplifiers
- Adders with 2 to 8 inputs, subtractor and ringmodulators
- all kinds of logic modules including AND, OR, XOR, NOT, FlipFlops, counters, switches and demultiplexers
- Delay lines and flanger/chorus effects
- Output with surround sound support
- 8,16,24 and 32 step analog style sequencers
- 16 step Drum patterns (with either 4 or 8 individual rows/outputs)
- audio and midi input modules for connection with buildin midi/audio/video sequencer
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Click here to
download StudioFactory / SynFactory II
download previous versions of Synfactory
Compatible with PCs running Windows95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP with a Pentium class processor and 32 Mbyte or more free memory.